Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hound of Heaven

The Blood, Sweat and Tears song reminded me of the Francis Thompson poem "Hound of Heaven." You might want to check it out.

I have also written a poem about being relentlessly pursued (I was in grad school at the time, so it fits). I'll dig it out and post it. You'll get a kick out of it. I modeled it after Poe's "The Raven."

In other news, it's good to see the Steelers go to 3-0 (although rooting for the Vikings is a lot like rooting for the Bills these days, I imagine; seems like they find a way to lose more often than not).

DDDDD

1 comment:

Ralph said...

Kind of a reversal on the ole' hounds of hell reference... in fact, it certainly seems like the Bills are being pursued by the hounds of hell. Their coach, Dick Jauren, has always reminded me of a zombie anyhow. Now, it seems they are being chased toward a winless season and an eventual move to Toronto, now that Candian dollars are no longer funny money. (At least I've found something else to blame Bush for.)