Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Vision for Ralph's place

Quiet night here at Ralph's. Spent a pretty late one last listening to the tremendous work of Michael ??? who was putting on the "Fazed Cookies" show on WERG 90.5 FM - Gannon's radio station. I was a DJ there way back when it was a classic rock station. Fazed Cookies was all about alternative rock that I had never heard before, but the content was good and mix and voiceover solid as well. Hats off to Michael.

Best I can find tonight on the free airwaves sounds like some church music that must be coming off of WQLN... Chants, very relaxing indeed.

Was thinking earlier today about the long-term vision for Ralphie's. I guess I kind of want to be the proprietor of virtual version of the 18th century taverns that helped spawn the Revolutionary War. You know, the kind of place where one guy stood around and read the paper and everyone drank their draughts or sipped their coffees and discussed the day's/week's events. (We brought down King George once that way didn't we?)

As I don't have much to discuss myself tonight, here's a couple links to my favorite sports columnists - both of whom have recently posted. Bill Simmons, aka Sports Guy, and Mark Weiler at Bills Buzz. Both rock, write well, and are usually spot on in their commentary.

Well, a friend suggested I come up with a good closing tag, and I don't know if "over and out" quite qualifies... How about this? Here's to great chicken dinners...

Ralph

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that "That's all" is appropriate and somehow very masculine sounding in its definitiveness.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ralph said...

Now, I know it looks like I'm censoring and I feel bad. My wife had posted of the comment that I need to get out of my basement and get a life - just so you know. I'll now go upstairs and see her.

Cheers, beers, leers, and gears,

Ralph