Monday, January 23, 2006

Big Weekend

Another big weekend. Can't seem to get enough of them - these big weekends. It all started this summer when we started getting together in people's backyards for beers and whatnot. Now, we've managed, it seems, to extend it into winter by getting together in basement bars. Drank an awesome dirty martini at about 11 p.m. Friday while watching the USC/Texas Rose Bowl being rerun on ESPN Classic. Slept well that night.

Yesterday was even bigger. How about those Pittsburgh Steelers? Now, I'm not even a Stillers fan, but I can have a good time watching a football game. I missed some of the first half as I was doing some computer work (reinstalling an OS), but managed to make it to the Cab for the second half. Wow. What a Stillers bar. One of my friends, who had been there in the first half, said to me it was the closest thing to being to the game without... People were chanting. At the end of the game, the proprietor grabbed the mike and burst out in a chorus of 'Stillers are goin' to the Super Bowl. Here we go.... (This link will play a bit of the tune to get you goin')

Ralph

1 comment:

Dr. Downing said...

The Steelers are a team of destiny. It was meant for Cowher, Rooney---and possibly most of all---Jerome Bettis to win a Super Bowl. It seemed like it was bound to happen. I would like to write a regular entry on this topic if I could Ralph. Let me know how to do it.