Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Erie Airport

So, I'm flying out again this morning. Headed to Orlando for a couple days. Not a bad gig this time of year. I am flying on Delta and at the moment am very glad I am. Typically the best fares out of Erie are on U.S. Air or Northwest, with Delta and Continental slightly more expensive alternatives. All I can say is, spend the extra money - it's worth it!

About a year ago I swore off U.S. Air and Northwest and my life has been much happier since. This morning I arrive to see 25 miserable people standing in line to check in with U.S. Air. I waited for two minutes in the Delta line. Then I saw the first Northwest flight was canceled. Some lady in back of me in line tells her friend the story of how Northwest called her at 2:30 in the morning to tell her this and automatically rescheduled her on a noon flight to arrive at 8:30, which of course would have wiped out her plans for today. Typical. I've been stuck in the Detroit airport with Northwest for 8 hours at a time. She was smart and switched airlines. Then her friend starts telling her what a nightmare flying U.S. Air through Philly is. Been there, done that, and heard about it, as well.

Right. Now I'm probably jinxing myself, but so far so good.

Have a good one.

Ralph

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Northworst is the carrier of last resort.