Monday, February 20, 2006

Robins, Robins everywhere

I'm officially scared right now. There is a flock of about 30 robins in my backyard. I'm not kidding. And I caught one earlier banging into my picture window. At least I assume it was one of them. I found a little bit of brown fur stuck to the window and thought I saw a bird flying away after a loud thud. I thought nothing of it at the time. That was like 10 a.m. I've since heard like four more thud/clang sounds. I don't know if they keep hitting my window (which is not that clean) or my house, but then I looked outside and saw this huge flock. Gathering for what? Do I have a lot of worms in my yard? Are these agents of Mark DiVecchio come to get me? There they go, they just flew the coop for now... What's with the avian flu? Are the birds going to come back to get me? Is Alfred Hitchcock a profit? If seeing one robin is a sure sign of spring, as I was told as a kid, what does seeing 30 of them signify? Why are they running into my house?

If you know, let me know.

Ralph

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could be worse. Imagine if you had a Flock of Seagulls outside your house.

Ralph said...

I'd run so far away.... but I could not get away.