Thursday, February 23, 2006

Strange Dreams

No, it was not a full moon last night, but it seemed to be a night of vivid dreams - in our household at least. I dreamt by daughter was lost, possibly kidnapped, but the U.S. Army, which had supposedly taken custody of her (to protect her ostensibly) kept telling us she was alright, and they would locate her. They were able to easily find my son, and we went back to Erie from Orlando with him, but they seemed bothered by my constant calls inquiring of my daughter's whereabouts. It didn't help that we were having a huge party when we got back to my home in Erie and my wife kept telling me to lighten up, and I even became involved in a game of pool volleyball (no I don't own a pool.) I had another vivid dream as well, but can't remember it, and my wife started this morning by asking about the meaning of a dream she had. It involved one of her old boyfriends, so I'll leave it at that...

Even before I went to sleep, I had strange sensations in my body. It was reminiscent of the couple times, about a year and a half go (summer of '04 I believe) when I felt I was turning into a werewolf. Last night, I felt my muscles swelling and growing until I felt almost like a superman as I lay in bed. The werewolf thing had a similar physical metamorphosis feeling, except last night I didn't experience any wolf-like symptoms. No, I didn't grow hair or fangs or anything when I did the werewolf thing, it just felt like my hands and feet were turning into paws, my jaw was getting stronger,I started feeling like I could run really fast on all fours and had these visions of running through the woods. None of that last night, plus it wasn't a full moon like the werewolf times. Anyways, the werewolf thing has apparently passed (which I'm rather glad about because I did some Internet research and apparently there is some sort of psychosis associated with people really believing they have turned into wolves - however, I must admit it was kind of an exhilarating experience - of course, my wife started telling people that if she ever ended up ripped to pieces... anyways)and last night I felt rather good than scared.

Hope you all feel good today as well.

Ralph (oh yes, and my first name does mean "famous wolf".)

Cheers.

1 comment:

Ralph said...

Jim:

Maggie was just telling me that one of her friends had some vivid dreams last night as well - and she hadn't even seen the blog post. As far as the werewolf thing goes, I take some solace in the fact that all legends are based on some element of truth - which leads me to assume I can't be the first person to have such an experience. Now I've never personally met anyone who claimed to be a wereful, but I'm just saying, these people are out there...