Thursday, September 11, 2008

Joseph Campbell Quotes

There are so many great quotes by Joseph Campbell, that I can't being to account for all of them.

However, there is one that I came across today that reminded me of something Ralph once said: "You can choose to either embrace or reject your destiny."

I've always liked that.

Here's the same sentiment in Campbell's words: "The Fates lead him who will; him who won't, they drag."

Here's another: "One sure path into the world runs along the printed page."

Finally: "Instead of clearing his own heart, the zealot tries to clear the world."

I will spend the rest of my life reading Campbell. Alas, I fear I will be unable to comprehend all of it.

DDDDDDDDDDDDD

1 comment:

Ralph said...

Yes, comprehending all of Campbell would be impossible probably unless you were as well read as he was... You know I love that one about destiny... The rest are solid as well.

Ralph