Monday, May 08, 2006

Weekend, Weather, Golf

Great weekend, huh? Anybody else enjoy the wonderful weather. Sure, it was a bit cold, but this sun thing energizes me. On Saturday, I finally got out of the house long enough to join the newly remodeled Erie Golf Club. They've done a great job so far. I think the wonderful new bar and restaurant, known has Happy Gilmore's, is what finally sold me on joining there. Now, I am not a big fan of the movie by the same name, but I am a big fan of good draught beer, and the restauranter told me has was going have four different types of draft. When you add this to the wonderful view you get from the top of the hill up there, especially at sunset, well I need to a good place like that to drink. That's not to mention the golf course, which has been renovated as well. They've added some new holes, which gives it some more length, put in an irrigation system, and hired an excellent greenskeeper, who even used to make J.C. Martin an enjoyable place to play - when it had no irrigation. I plan on doing a full review of the course itself after I've had a chance to play it a few more times. I've heard there have been some complaints about a couple of the new holes being too tight, but they are also fairly short, and I think they can be managed well with some iron play, but we will see.

Cheers.

Ralph

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Ralph. Please keep us posted as to what brands are kept on tap. Maybe I'll get free one of these afternoons and meet you up there for a round (of golf).