Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Viking of the Year

If they can pull this off, I nominate Continental Airlines for the Viking of the Year. I could barely make it driving the 15-20 minutes from my house to the Erie Airport this morning and saw one person spinout on the short stretech of I-79 between 26th and 12the streets. But, per usual, Continental's 24-seater or whatever is warming up and ready to go on the runway when I got here. "We're boarding at 6:45 because we have to de-ice" is all they told me. I sure hope we get out of here, because I'm headed for Miami, which will be a lot nicer if I have some time to unwind there this afternoon before conference festivities begin tonight.

Cheers.

X

3 comments:

Dr. Downing said...

Yep, I guess you don't slide around so much on the ice once you're airborne.

The Vikings actually have a fairly tough schedule remaining with games against San Fran, Chicago, Washington, and Denver.

The Vikes and the Bills are both 6-6 and fighting for a playoff spot.

DDDDDDDD

Ralph said...

Vikings rock and are on a serious roll. They seem to be playing good football, although I guess your QB could implode at any moment.

As for the Bills, we seem to be getting pretty good at least at beating teams with losing records. If we can win this week at Cleveland, it will be a huge step toward establishing ourselves as a potential power to be dealt with. This rookie QB Trent Edwards continues to impress me.

Cheers.

X

Dr. Downing said...

Yes, please crush the Browns.

No mercy on the Oh-hatians.