Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Verizon Internet Change

Did this happen to anyone else? On Tuesday morning, my home Internet connection suddenly stopped working. It took three calls over two days, but the current diagnosis is that Verizon has upgraded the line so it is no longer compatible with the modem I bought from them a couple years go. They claim that they are going to send me a newer modem without charge. Well, if they knew I had this modem and they knew they were upgrading the lines.... I guess they're too big to worry about things like that. We'll see. I'm posting this from the downtown Starbucks. Interesting place after dark...

2 comments:

rev. stan langerhaus said...

Sounds like the end of days is upon us. Repent.

Ralph said...

Clearly. Did I tell you my best (of three) tech support people was some woman working in the Philipines, where it was like 3:30 a.m., who sounded like she said her name was "Irish."