Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Ringer Ranks Bills Number 32

Yes, that's last in their pre-season NFL power rankings. The good news is there is nowhere to go but up. The bad news is that I might agree with that ranking. The only reason I say "might" is that I really don't know how good any of the other 31 teams are, only really closely following the Bills in pre-season. Okay, I might think that the Patriots could no way be worse than the Bills, but as for the Jets and Dolphins - our two other divisional foes, as far as I know we might be better.

Yes, the Bills o-line has looked like shit in the preseason and we seem to be starting the season with a quarterback who threw five interceptions in a half in his only NFL start that I remember last year - it does seem he also started the Snow Bowl win - but we couldn't see who was playing. My feeling is that Peterman inspires a lot more confidence in the Bills coaches and Pitt alumni (who all tell me he is good) than he does in me. But, I thought we would absolutely stink last year and a strong defense and running game actually led us into the playoffs, where we were at least competitive with Jacksonville - til Peterman through an interception of course.

So, what are we looking at this year? I am going to maintain my pessimism in spite of last year's performance (maybe it will pay off again) and go with 4-12 with at least half those wins coming in the division.

No comments: