Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Poor Kavanaugh: Dude Needs to Step Away

Another day, another woman coming out with sexual misconduct charges against Brett Kavanaugh.  The dude really needs to step away from his nomination at this point. I mean I get that all this seems to have happened in high school (and college, I guess) and that he has likely matured significantly since then, but does anyone really believe in his denials anymore?

I mean, his best friend in high school was apparently this author, Mark Judge, who wrote a book called Wasted: Tales of a Genx Drunk. I mean, I was there guys. I am about your age and I know what kind of shit went down in the '80s. I was never a part of any gang rapes, as this latest woman is accusing Kavanaugh of being part of, but I did some pretty bad things and in some respects am probably lucky to be alive. Bad shit went down in the '80s, we get that, but why can't Kavanaugh just admit to it and explain that he has moved on? That would work for me.

But instead, he seems to be following Trump's lead and denying everything, hoping that if you keep repeating it, people will believe it. For me, his credibility is shot and I certainly would not want a liar serving on the Supreme Court. And I apologize if I'm wrong and he is telling the truth, but there seems to be so much smoke that there was to be a fire somewhere.

No comments: